Tips on What Chinese House Buyers Like
July 9th, 2014 | by The Update
Are you wondering what your Chinese house buyers are looking for? At the end of the day, no house is perfect and every buyer has individual preferences, but these are some tips of special requests Realtors often hear when hosting Chinese clients:
- Kitchen with full-size Vent-a-Hood
- Ideally a separate space with strong ventilation needed for aromatic cooking with a wok
- A guestroom that can be used as the “in-law suite”, preferably on the lower level
- Good schools, ideally walking distance
- Good sunlight in winter, good shade in summer
- Especially for master bedroom
- Ideally faces south so front door gets sun
- Other perks, like a koi pond, lots of ‘8’s in the address for good luck, and no ‘4’s which are bad omens.
Can we help you with Chinese clients? Please contact us.